Bethuadahari Wildlife Sanctuary
This sanctuary is situated in Nadia district of West Bengal. Major floras in this sanctuary are Sal, Arjun, Teak, Sisoo, Khair, and Saccharine Grasses etc. And the major fauna found in this sanctuary are Spotted Deer, Jackal, Bengal Fox, Porenpine, Common Langur, Parakeets, Indian Cuckoo, Hawk Cuckoo, Barbets, other small birds, as well as Large Pythons etc. Spread over an area of nearly 70 hectares is actually an extended Deer Park. The forest was established to preserve the bio-diversity and the last census of 1998 reports of 295 deer in this forest and other wild life includes Python, Jungle Cat, Porcupine, Monitor Lizard, Snake and a variety of birds of around 50 species. The adjacent rural area is one of the prominent jute producing centre of west Bengal state.
- Krishnanagar ( 25 Kilometers)
- Santipur ( 40 Kilometers)
- Nabadwip (35 Kilometers)
- By Air - Nearest airport is at Kolkata (Kolkata Airport), which is airlinked with all major Indian and international cities. Bethuadahari is 155 kilometers by road from Netaji Subhas Bose International airport. From krishnanagar its one hour by road.
- By Rail – Krishnanagar local train is available from Sealdah Station (Kolkata). To reach this historic place other trains like Lalgola Passenger and Berhampore Passenger are also available. From krishnanagar its one hour by road or there is a railway link also.
- By Road - Bethuadahari is on National Highway (NH 34). And is nearly 3 ½ hours drive. It has good bus connectivity to and from Kolkata, Malda, Siliguri, Berhampore, Jalpaiguri, Purulia, Mayapur etc. Private vehicle can also be hired