visit north east
infoat the
+91 973 353 3000

Restricted and Protected Areas in the North East India

Restricted Area Permit

Restrictions are in place for entry of Foreign Tourists to visit some places in the following states: Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim.

Restricted Area Permits for Foreign Tourists can be obtained from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Foreigners' Regional Registration Offices and Immigration Offices at Airports at New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chief Immigration Officer, Chennai apart from All Indian Missions overseas, I.G. Police or Home Commissioners of all the above-mentioned states. In case of Nagaland, the same can also be obtained from the Office of the Resident Commissioner at New Delhi.

Foreign Tourists will be allowed to visit the above places for a maximum period of 10 days and in groups of 4 or more persons. However, married couples can be allowed. For
Sikkim, an individual tourist can obtain the permit from the state's Tourist Offices located at New Delhi, Kolkata and Silchar for 15 days, extendable by another 15 days.

Inner Line Permit

Inner Line Permits for Indian Tourists can be obtained from Resident Commissioners and Representatives of the above states (not required for Manipur) at New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Chief Immigration Officer, Chennai and at Border Crossings. For Mizoram, the permit can be had from the Office of the Resident Commissioner at New Delhi and Liaison Officers based at Kolkata, Guwahati, Shillong and Silchar.

(Information is subject to change from time to time. For the latest information kindly contact nearest Indian Missions...)

Travel Documents

Passport - It is the most important document for one's travel across the continent. It has to be a valid and authentic one.

Visa (Indian Visa) - Anybody visiting India has to have a visa. It is like an entry card to the place you are visiting. For more visas related queries & information please visit the local Indian embassy in your Country.

Identity Card - You may be asked to prove your identity anytime. Though it does not take place, in
case the security is stringent; you need to prove your identity to the officials. Thus, having a photo identity card with you always helps.

Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate - Foreign tourists should carry Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate conforming to International Health Regulation, if they originate or are transiting through
Yellow Fever endemic countries.


G-0315, City Centre, Uttorayon
P.O. Matigara, Siliguri, Darjeeling
West Bengal, India - 734010

Call : +91 973 353 3000
Email :
Web :

A service by Marine To Alpine Pvt. Ltd. Website design and development service provided by Techno Developers Group

Enter your keyword