Tezpur is a captivating town, 190 kms North East of Guwahati, with its superb scenic wealth and ancient monuments. Tezpur is a municipal board and the district headquarters of Sonitpur district of Assam in North East India. Tezpur is a ancient city on the right banks of the River Brahmaputra, it has a lake within the town which is a major attraction.Tezpur is often called as the Cultural Capital of Assam. Many historical ruins are available till date. Tezpur is also a major tea and tourist centre of Assam.
- Agnigarh Fort
- Bamuni Hollows
- Hazara Tank
- Da-Parbatia Ruins
- Cole Park
- Mahabhairab Temple
- Tea gardens surrounding the city
- Nameri National Park (35 kms from Tezpur)
- Orang (Rajeev Gandhi) Wildlife Sanctuary (31 kms from Tezpur)
- Bhalukpong (60 kms from Tezpur)
- By AIR: Regular flight service is available to Kolkata from Tezpur Airport
- By Road: Tezpur is well connected by Bus with different parts of Assam. A good number of buses plying between Tezpur and Siliguri, Guwahati, Itanagar, Bomdila, Sibsagar etc.
- By Train: Tezpur does not have extensive rail connectivity and it is connected only to Rangiya and Rangapara stations. However trains are not frequent and this may not be feasible. The most suitable option is to take a train to the city of Guwahati