55 kilometers from Shillong is closely rival of Cherrapunjee in annual rainfall. Mawsynram located about 9 kilometers west of Cherrapunji appears to be the wettest place in the world or the place with the highest average annual rainfallIts major attraction is Mawjymbuin cave with a giant stalagmite in the form of Shivalinga. One and half Kilometres off the right hand side of the Shillong Mawsynram - Balat - Ranikor Highway, very near Weiloi Village, once comes across a unique geological formation called "Symper Rock". It is an almost flat topped loaf-shaped rocky dome, which rises sharply from the midst of the surrounding hillocks.
From its base, one has to take an exciting uphill trek to reach the summit of the rock. From the top of the hill one can see the gorgeous surrounding hills and valleys and the plain and fast moving rivers of Bangladesh.
- Mawjymbuin cave
- Symper Rock
- Noh Kalikai Falls,
- Thangkharang Bird Sanctuary,
- Mawlong peak,
- Thangkarang Park,
- Noh Sngi Thiang Falls,
- By Air – Nearest Major airport is Guwahati, direct flights available from Kolkata, Delhi, and Bagdogra. It also has link to the rest of the country and with Bangkok. The nearest airport is at Umroi, 35 kilometers from Shillong, which connects this lovely town of Tura by air. There is a helicopter service from Guwahati Airport to Shillong. Guwahati Airport is 190 kilometers from Mawsynram.
- By Air – Bangladesh - It is not easy to enter from Bangladesh due to political / diplomatic reason. One can reach Mawsynram may enter India via Dawki Landport with Bangladesh. From Osmani International Airport, Sylhet connected to Zia International Airport, Dhaka and Shah Amanat International Airport, Chittagong, tourists can reach Tamabil border (on the Indian side is Dawki) in just 60 minutes drive along 52 kilometers smooth, metalled highway
- By Rail – There are no rail lines in Mawsynram. The nearest major railhead is at Guwahati, which is at a distance of 190 kilometers. Guwahati is well connected with the rest of the country by broad gauge rail, road and airways.
- By Road – By the side of the Guwahati Shillong road, it is 60 kilometers from Shillong and 190 kilometers from Guwahati. Much of the infrastructure is basic and many roads outside city are in are not in good condition due to heavy rains and poor maintenance, but within the city the roads are quite good.