Within its small geographical area, Tripura offers plenty of attractions for the tourists in the form of magnificent palaces; splendid rock cut carvings and stone images, important temples of Hindus and Buddhists, vast natural lakes, beautiful hill stations, wildlife sanctuaries and rich cultural heritage. The state offers a pollution free, eco friendly environment and pleasant weather for the tourists. The picturesque city of Agartala has a long association with the poet Rabindranath Tagore who gave vent to his feelings saying ‘………the wood-land of Tripura have sent out invitation to their floral feast through their courier of the south wind and I have come here as a friend………’.
Agartala, the state capital of Tripura, is set amidst vast expanses of tranquil beauty making it an ideal base for exploring the ancient palaces, temples, lakes and wildlife sanctuaries of this erstwhile princely state.
- Ujjayanta Palace
- Purbsha T.T.H.D.C.
- Government Museum
- Buddhist Vihar
- Maharaja Bir Bikram College
- Chturdas Devta Bari (Temple of 14 Gods)
- Kunjavan Palace
- Jagannath Temple
- Venuvan Vihar
- Sepahijala Wildlife Sanctuary
- By Air – Agartala Airport or Singerbhil Airport (IATA - IXA, ICAO - VEAT) is located 12 kilometers north of Agartala, Tripura. It connects Agartala to Kolkata and Guwahati. Several flights in Agartala - Kolkata and Agartala - Guwahati routes operate every day Agartala, the capital city of Tripura, is connected by regular flights fro Delhi, Calcutta and New Delhi. It is the only airport in Tripura.
- By Rail – Tripura is also connected by rail via Guwahati and the nearest rail head is at Kumarghat which is 140 kilometers away from Agartala.
- By Road – Agartala is well connected by bus with the major cities of North East India. Tripura State Transport Corporation buses ply towards different places of North East. The state capital is also connected to international metropolis of Dhaka by Road. The journey is covered in 3 hours. Guwahati is also at a distance of 600 kilometers. It can be covered by daily bus service in 24 hours. Local Transport – private taxis and auto rickshaws service are available from Agartala Airport.