Bishnupur is situated at a distance of 150 kilometers from Kolkata, 81 kilometers from Kharagpur. This is a place with historical importance. In the 15th century, 19th Malla King, Jagatmalla constituted his new capital here in Bishnupur. The place is famous for its terracotta works. One can be amazed by seeing the beautiful terracotta works in the temples, stone pillars, statues in Bishnupur. Apart from the temples, terracotta pottery, artifacts, Balucheri saris and even jewellery made in this many traditional materials is famous. One of the new attractions of Bishnupur is the Bishnupur Fair. This event is held annually in the month of December – January. It has now got the status of national fair.
- Dal Madal Canon
- Chinno Moster Temple
- Yogesh Chandra Historical Museum
- Shyamroy Temple
- Jorbangla Temple
- Radheshyam Temple
- Madan Mohan Temple
- Rash Mancha
- Pancha Ratna Temple of Shyam Rai
- By Air - Nearest airport is at Kolkata (Kolkata Airport), which is airlinked with all major Indian and international cities. It is 165 kilometers by road from Netaji Subhas Bose International airport.
- By Rail - Train Service - Train services have started from It takes about 3 1/2 hours to 4 hours from Kolkata, distance 201 kilometers. Aranyak Express from Satragachi near Howrah is one of the options.
- By Road - Calcutta State Transport Corporation and South Bengal State Transport Corporation buses from Kolkata takes about 4-5 hours to reach Bishnupur. The road distance is about 150 kilometers. Private vehicle can also be hired.