FRRO Registration Formalities in India
List of documents that are required at the time of registration with the Foreigners Registration Offices in India is given below. The registration is essential for all foreigners having visas for a period exceeding 6 months except the exempted categories and should be done within 14 days of first arrival at the nearest office of the Foreigners Registration Officer:
- Original passport on which visa is endorsed.
- Photocopy of the passport and initial visa.
- Four photographs of the applicant
- Details of residence in India
- HIV test report from one of the WHO recognized Institutions from people in the age group 15 to 60 years, if the foreigner is visiting India on a visa for more than one year.
- Copy of the marriage certificate in case of those seeking extension of stay on grounds of being spouse of an Indian national.
- Bonafide certificate from the University/College/Institution in case of Student visa.
- Accreditation certificate from Press Information Bureau in case of Journalist visa.
- Approval of the Department of Company Affairs in case of Board level appointments in Public Limited Companies.
- Copy of the approval from Government of India in case of a joint venture or collaboration (in duplicate).
- Copy of permission from the RBI in case of contract or agreement, in case of business/joint ventures etc.
- Terms and conditions of appointment and copy of contract or agreement, in case of Employment visa.
- Undertaking from the concerned Indian company on the following lines in case of Employment/Business visas:
- We take full responsibility for the activities and conduct of Mr/Mrs/Ms_________ national of_________________ during his/her stay in India. If anything adverse comes to notice during this period, we undertake to repatriate him/her at our cost.
Date/Seal Signature of competent authority